Peach butter is delicious and fast to make.
- About 2 dozens, ripe peaches
- Sugar, 340 g (3/4 lb)
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- Wash, scald, pit and peel peaches. Cut into smaller pieces.
- Start cooking peaches on low heat to release juice. Cook until soft.
- Strain through a sieve.
- Add sugar and cook the pulp, stirring often for about 45 minutes.
- Fill butter into sterilized jars, leaving ¼ inch headspace.
- Process for 5 minutes in a boiling water bath. Wipe off jar rims and tighten lids.
- Remove jars and let stand for 6 hours.