Lychee fruit produces vodka which has a floral smell and a fragrant sweet flavor.
|Whole Lychees||750 g (1.65 lb)|
|Alcohol, 80 proof (vodka)||500 ml|
|Ingredients per 1000 ml (1 liter) of alcohol|
|No other ingredients are added.|
- Squeeze lychee fruit with your fingers and remove the skin and the pit. Use only white pulp for making infusion. You should get at least 500 g of the white pulp.
- Add alcohol and macerate for 3 weeks. Adding plain vodka makes a smooth drink. Shake the jar every few days.
- Strain and filter.
- Bottle and age for one day.
- To make vodka stronger use stronger alcohol.
- Mixing equal parts of 150 proof Everclear with 80 proof vodka results in 58% alcohol. This will result in a very strong drink which, however, may be diluted with ice or water.