Almond vodka has a wonderful almond flavor. It can be made into Amaretto type almond liqueur by adding more brown sugar (or brown sugar syrup).
|Ingredients per 1000 ml (1 liter) of alcohol|
|Vanilla extract||10 ml|
|Almond extract||5 ml (optional)|
- Almond infusion. Break 275 g of almonds into smaller pieces and cover with 800 ml of 50% alcohol.
- Macerate for 3 weeks. Shake the jar every few days.
- Strain and filter.
- Add sugar syrup and extracts.
- Bottle and age for one day.
- To make vodka/liqueur darker use brown sugar and add some caramel.
- Mixing equal parts of 150 proof Everclear with 80 proof vodka results in 58% alcohol.