Cranberry liqueur is one the finest liqueurs there is. It has a beautiful burgundy color, it can be made into cranberry vodka by simply decreasing the amount of sugar and it can be mixed with other vodkas or liqueurs to create even more sophisticated drinks. Its flavor exhibits this slight sourely tang that goes extremely well with other sweet drinks like for example a honey vodka.
|Fresh cranberries||300 g|
|Ginger, fresh||75 g|
|Sugar||300 g or 300 ml normal 73% sugar syrup|
|Ingredients per 1000 ml (1 liter) of alcohol|
|Lemon skins extract||15 ml|
|Vanilla extract||5 ml|
|Alcohol||50%, 850 ml|
- Cranberry infusion. Cut 300 g cranberries into halves and cover with 600 ml of 50% alcohol.
- Macerate for 3 weeks. Shake the jar every few days. Strain and filter.
- Mix 500 ml of cranberry infusion with 200 ml of ginger infusion. Add 300 ml of sugar syrup and vanilla and lemon extracts.
- Add water if needed to 1 liter mark. The recipe is for one liter of the product.
- Mixing equal parts of 150 proof Everclear with 80 proof vodka results in 58% alcohol.