Amaretto liqueur is made from almonds.
|Almond infusion*||100 ml|
|Vanilla infusion**||15 ml|
|Ingredients per 1000 ml (1 liter) of alcohol|
|Brown sugar syrup 73%***||150 ml|
|Alcohol 75°||250 ml|
- Mix infusions with alcohol. Add caramel.
- Pour alcohol into brown sugar syrup.
- Bottle and age for one month.
- *100 g finely crushed almonds, 200 ml 75° alcohol. Macerate for 3 weeks, strain and filter.
- **10 g vanilla stick, 90 ml 50° alcohol. Macerate for 3 weeks, strain and filter.
- ***Bring 420 ml of water to about 89° C (176° F). Add 700 g of white sugar and 300 g of brown sugar.
- Stir until sugar is dissolved.
- Add 1 g of ascorbic acid, bring solution to a boil and boil for 15 minutes. Keep on stirring and remove any foam from the top. Remove from heat and cool.
- You can use commercially produced extracts and essential oils.