Egg (Advocaat) Creme
Egg Creme has been always popular in Poland. Advocaat is the brand name of a famous Dutch Egg Creme.
|75% alcohol||250 ml|
|12 large egg yolks||200 ml|
|Ingredients per 1000 ml (1 liter) of alcohol|
|fine sugar||400 g|
|vanilla infusion*||30 ml|
|nutmeg infusion||5 ml**|
- Separate egg yolks from whites.
- Mix sugar with egg yolks until creamy and perfectly smooth.
- Continue mixing and start adding slowly vanilla infusion, brandy and rum.
- Continue mixing and start adding slowly 75° alcohol.
- Bottle and age one month.
- *10 g vanilla, 90 ml 50° alcohol, macerate 3 weeks, strain and bottle.
- **10 g nutmeg, 90 ml 50° alcohol, macerate 3 weeks, strain and bottle.
- You can use commercially made extracts and essential oils.
- Eggs - 2%, about 12 large eggs (200 g) per 1 L of product. One egg yolk weighs about 17 g.
- Storage: 12 months in refrigerator, 6 months at 15° C.
- Don't add more than 5 ml (1 tsp.) of nutmeg infusion. Nutmeg can easily overpower other flavors.