Pork Curry Sausage
Pork curry sausage is an emulsified and cooked sausage which is basically frankfurter flavored with curry. You may add beef to the recipe if you like or even make an all beef curry sausage.
|lean pork||600 g||1.32 lb.|
|fat pork||200 g||0.44 lb.|
|fat pork trimmings||200 g||0.44 lb.|
Ingredients per 1000g (1 kg) of meat
|salt||18 g||3 tsp.|
|white pepper||2.0 g||1 tsp.|
|curry powder||2.0 g||1 tsp.|
|mace||0.5 g||⅓ tsp.|
|ginger||0.5 g||⅓ tsp.|
|cardamom||2.0 g||1 tsp.|
|coriander||2.0 g||1 tsp.|
|nutmeg||1.0 g||⅓ tsp.|
|grated lemon peel||1.0 g||⅓ tsp.|
|non fat dry milk||28 g||1 oz.|
|cold water||120 ml||½ cup|
- Keep lean meats separate from fat trimmings. Grind lean meats through 3/16” plate (5 mm). Refreeze and grind again. Refreeze again and grind through 1/8” (3 mm) plate. Grind fat trimmings through 1/8” (3 mm) plate, refreeze and grind again.
- Mix lean ground pork with all ingredients adding 50 ml of cold water. Add ground fat pork and 50 ml of cold water and mix well. Add fat trimmings and the last 50 ml of water and mix everything well together.
- Stuff firmly into 28-32 mm hog casings. Form 4-5” (10-12 cm) long links.
- Cook in hot water, at 167º F, 75º C until internal meat temperature reaches 154-158º F (68-70º C). This should take about 15 minutes.
- Shower with cold water for 5 minutes.
- Keep in a refrigerator.