Lomo embuchado is Spanish dry-cured pork loin.
|pork loin||5-6 kg||11-13 lbs.|
Ingredients per 1000g (1 kg) of meat
|salt||28 g||5 tsp.|
|Cure #2||6.0 g||1 tsp.|
|suagar||2.5 g||½ tsp.|
|pepper||8.0 g||4 tsp.|
|Spanish paprika||6.0 g||3 tsp.|
|garlic powder||1.5 g||½ tsp.|
- Remove all bones and trim down the fat until you reach the lean meat.
- Mix salt, Cure #2 and all ingredients together.
- Add little water to the mixture and rub the wet mixture into the loin.
- Place into a plastic bag and leave for 7-10 days in refrigerator.
- Remove loin from refrigerator and brush off the excess salt. Stuff into synthetic or collagen casings.
- Hang loin at 46º F (8º C), 72-80% humidity for one month. This is the salt equalization stage.
- Dry loins for 3 weeks at 68-72º F (20-22º C). Moisture removal and flavor development takes place at this stage.
- Loin is ready when it loses about 40% of its original weight.
The average weight of a pork loin is 11-14 lbs.
Ingredients are listed for 1 kg of meat.