|venison||1000 g||2.20 lb.|
Ingredients per 1000g (1 kg) of meat
|soy sauce||80 ml||⅓ cup|
|Worcestershire sauce||15 ml||1 Tbsp.|
|powdered garlic||2.80 g||1 tsp.|
|black pepper||2.0 g||1 tsp.|
|dried juniper berries, crushed||1.5 g||1 tsp.|
- Cut meat into strips about ¼” (6 mm) thick.
- Bring the marinade to a full boil over medium heat.
- Add a few meat strips, making sure there is enough marinade to cover them. Reheat to a full boil.
- Remove quickly meat strips and place on a drying screen.
- Repeat steps 3 & 4 until all meat strips have been precooked.
- Dry at 140º F (60º C) in dehydrator, oven or smoker. You can apply smoke for 30 minutes at this stage.
- Cool a sample piece of jerky and bend it. It should crack but not break.
- When done, place jerky in a plastic bag and refrigerate.
1 tsp. of liquid smoke may be added to marinade for a smoky flavor.