Breasola is Italian dry cured beef.
|beef sirloin||1000 g||2.20 lb.|
Ingredients per 1000g (1 kg) of meat
|salt||28 g||5 tsp.|
|Cure #2||6.0 g||1 tsp.|
|pepper||6.0 g||3 tsp.|
|sugar||5.0 g||1 tsp.|
|cloves, ground||1.0 g||½ tsp.|
|garlic powder||1.5 g||1 tsp.|
- Remove all fat, connective tissue and silver skin.
- Mix salt, Cure #2 and all ingredients together. Take ½ of the mixture and rub into the meat. Place in zip-loc® bag and put for 3 days into refrigerator.
- Remove from the bag and apply the second half of the mixture. Drain away any liquid from the bag. Place in refrigerator for 3 more days.
- Brush off excess mixture from the meat. Stuff into synthetic or collagen casings.
- Hang for 4 weeks at 54º F (12º C) to dry and mature.