- 1-1/2 pounds shrimp, fresh or frozen
- 1 bunch celery tops
- 1 bunch parsley
- 1-1/2 teaspoons crushed bay leaves
- 1-1/2 teaspoons whole allspice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons whole red peppers
- 1-1/2 teaspoons whole black peppers
- 3/4 teaspoon whole cloves
- 2 quarts boiling water
- 1 cup vinegar
- 1/4 cup salt
- Wash shrimp but do not remove shells.
- Tie the celery, parsley and spices in a piece of cheesecloth.
- To the water add vinegar, salt and bag of seasonings.
- Cover and simmer 45 minutes.
- Add shrimp, cover and return to boiling point; simmer 5 minutes.
- Drain, peel and remove sand veins.
- Serve with a cocktail sauce.