Meats and Sausages
French-Fried Shrimp in Batter
French-fried shrimp in batter.
- 1-1/2 pounds shrimp, fresh or frozen
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- Peel shrimp, leaving the last section of the shell on if desired.
- Cut almost through lengthwise and remove sand veins.
- Wash and drain on absorbent paper.
- Sift flour, baking powder, sugar and salt together.
- Combine milk and egg; blend into flour mixture.
- Dip each shrimp in the batter.
- Fry immediately in deep fat, 350° F, for 2 to 3 minutes or until golden brown.
- Drain on absorbent paper.
- Serve plain or with sauce.