- 1-1/2 pounds shrimp, fresh or frozen
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup butter or other fat, melted
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- Dash pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups canned tomatoes
- Rice ring
- Peel shrimp, remove sand veins and wash.
- Cut large shrimp in half.
- Cook onion, green pepper and garlic in butter until tender; blend in flour and seasonings.
- Add tomatoes and cook until thick, stirring constantly.
- Add shrimp and simmer uncovered for about 20 minutes.
- Serve in a rice ring.