Shrimp Au Gratin
Shrimp au gratin.
- 3/4 pound cooked shrimp
- 3 tablespoons chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons butter or other fat, melted
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
- Dash pepper
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 1 cup grated cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter or other fat, melted
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- Cut large shrimp in half.
- Cook onion in butter until tender; blend in flour and seasonings.
- Add milk gradually and cook until thick, stirring constantly.
- Add 3/4 cup of cheese and heat until melted.
- Stir in shrimp and pour into 6 individual well greased casseroles.
- Combine butter, crumbs and remaining cheese; sprinkle over top of each casserole.
- Bake in a hot oven, 400° F, for 10 minutes or until brown.
Serves 6. Tomato juice may be used in place of milk.