Scallops And Rice Au Gratin
Scallops and rice au gratin.
- 1 pound scallops, fresh or frozen
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup butter or other fat, melted
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1 cup grated cheese
- Thaw frozen scallops. Remove any shell particles and wash.
- Chop scallops.
- Cook green pepper, celery and onion in butter until tender.
- Blend in flour and seasonings.
- Add milk gradually and cook until thick, stirring constantly.
- Add scallops.
- Arrange half of the rice, scallops and cheese in alternate layers in a well greased 1-1/2 quart casserole.
- Repeat layers.
- Bake in a moderate oven, 350° F, for 30 to 35 minutes or until brown.