- 1 pound cooked scallops
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon powdered mustard
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 2 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- Cut large scallops in half.
- Fry mushrooms in butter for 5 minutes.
- Blend in flour and seasonings.
- Add milk gradually and cook until thick, stirring constantly.
- Add scallops and parsley.
- Place in 6 well greased, individual shells or 5-ounce custard cups.
- Sprinkle with cheese and paprika.
- Bake in a hot oven, 400° F, for 10 to 15 minutes or until cheese browns.