Meats and Sausages
Scallop Shepherd's Pie
Scallop shepherd's pie.
- 1 pound scallops, fresh or frozen
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons butter or other fat, melted
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash white pepper
- 1 cup cooked peas
- 1 cup cooked sliced carrots
- 1 cup mashed potatoes
- Dash paprika
- Thaw frozen scallops. Remove any shell particles and wash.
- Cut scallops into 1/2 inch pieces.
- Cook onion and scallops in butter for 3 to 4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Blend in cornstarch and seasonings and cook until thick, stirring constantly.
- Add peas and carrots.
- Place in 6 well greased, individual 5-ounce custard cups.
- Place a layer of mashed potatoes over top of each pie.
- Sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake in a very hot oven, 450° F, for 15 to 20 minutes or until brown.