New England Scallop Supper
New England scallop supper.
- 1 pound cooked scallops
- 6 medium baking potatoes
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup cooked peas
- Cut large scallops in half. Wash potatoes.
- Bake potatoes in a hot oven, 425° F, for 45 to 60 minutes or until soft.
- Melt butter; blend in flour and salt.
- Add milk gradually and cook until thick and smooth, stirring constantly.
- Stir in peas and scallops. Heat.
- Cut a cross in the top of the baked potatoes with a pointed knife.
- Squeeze the potatoes so that the interior will be exposed.
- Serve scallop mixture over potatoes.