- 1 pound scallops, fresh or frozen
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 10 slices bacon
- 1-1/2 cups pineapple chunks, drained
- Thaw frozen scallops. Remove any shell particles and wash.
- Cut large scallops in half.
- Combine butter and seasonings.
- Dip scallops in seasoned butter.
- Fry bacon gently for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Drain on absorbent paper.
- Cut into thirds, crosswise.
- Alternate scallops, bacon and pineapple chunks on 6 skewers, 7-inches each.
- Place skewers across a baking pan, 10 x 6 x 1 inch.
- Bake in a very hot oven, 450° F, for 20 to 25 minutes, turning once during baking to brown the other side.