- 1 pound scallops, fresh or frozen
- 1 cup pancake mix
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash nutmeg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/3 cup crushed pineapple, drained
- 2 tablespoons butter or other fat, melted
- Thaw frozen scallops.
- Remove any shell particles and wash.
- Grind scallops.
- Sift dry ingredients together.
- Combine milk, egg, pineapple and butter.
- Add gradually to the dry ingredients; stir only until batter is smooth.
- Add scallops.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls into deep fat, 325° F.
- Fry approximately 4 to 5 minutes or until brown.
- Drain on absorbent paper.
Serves 6. Makes 30 fritters.