- 1 pound scallops, fresh or frozen
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons sherry
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- Thaw frozen scallops.
- Remove any shell particles and wash.
- Chop scallops.
- Cook scallops in butter for 3 to 4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Blend in flour and seasonings.
- Stir a little of the hot sauce into egg; add to remaining sauce, stirring constantly.
- Add sherry.
- Place mixture in a shallow pan and cool.
- Divide into 12 portions.
- Shape into cones and roll in crumbs.
- Chill in refrigerator for several hours.
- Fry in a basket in deep fat, 375° F, for 2 to 3 minutes or until brown.
- Drain on absorbent paper.