- 1 pound scallops, fresh or frozen
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon powdered mustard
- 1-1/4 teaspoons salt
- Dash pepper
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 quart milk
- Thaw frozen scallops.
- Remove any shell particles and wash.
- Grind scallops and mushrooms.
- Combine butter, mustard, salt and pepper.
- Cook scallop mixture in seasoned butter for 3 to 4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Blend in flour.
- Add milk gradually and cook until thick, stirring constantly.
- Serve with paprika sprinkled over the top.