- 36 shell oysters*
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 4 tablespoons chili sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 6 drops Tabasco sauce
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 4 slices bacon
- Shuck and drain oysters; place on deep half of shells.
- Combine mayonnaise and seasonings.
- Spread mixture over oysters and sprinkle with buttered bread crumbs.
- Place small piece of bacon on top of each oyster.
- Place oysters on preheated broiler pan about 3 inches from heat and broil for about 5 minutes or until edges begin to curl.
Serves 6. *If shell oysters are not available, 1-1/2 pints select oysters may be used. Drain oysters and arrange on a shallow buttered baking dish; spread with seasonings and cook as above.