Meats and Sausages
- 1 pint oysters
- 1/2 cup celery, diced
- 1/2 cup green pepper, diced
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 5 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons pimento, chopped
- Cook oysters in their liquor about 5 minutes or until edges begin to curl. Drain.
- Cook celery, green pepper in butter until tender.
- Blend in flour, add milk and cook until thick, stirring constantly.
- Add oysters, seasonings and heat.
- Pour in casserole and top with pastry.
- Bake in hot oven at 425° F about 15 minutes or until crust is brown.