Oysters A La King
Oysters a la king.
- 1 pint oysters
- 1/4 cup celery, diced
- 1/4 cup green pepper, diced
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 5 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon pimento, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Simmer oysters in their liquor for about 5 minutes or until edges begin to curl. Drain.
- Cook celery and green pepper in butter until tender.
- Blend in flour, add milk and cook until thick, stirring constantly.
- Into beaten egg, stir a little of the hot sauce, then add egg mixture to sauce, stirring constantly.
- Add oysters, seasonings and heat thoroughly.
- Serve in patty shells or on buttered toast.