Baked Stuffed Lobsters With Cheese
Baked stuffed lobsters with cheese.
- 2 live lobsters (1 pound each)
- 1-1/2 cups soft bread cubes
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 1/2 cup grated cheese
- Place lobster on its back; insert a sharp knife between body shell and tail segment, cutting down to sever the spinal cord.
- Cut in half lengthwise.
- Remove the stomach, which is just back of the head and the intestinal vein, which runs from the stomach to the tip of the tail.
- Remove and save the green liver and coral roe.
- Crack claws.
- Combine bread cubes, butter, cheese, green liver and coral roe.
- Place in body cavity and spread over surface of tail meat.
- Sprinkle with paprika.
- Place on a baking pan, 15-1/2 x 10-1/2 x 1 inch.
- Bake in a hot oven, 400° F, for 20 to 25 minutes or until lightly browned.