- 2 live lobsters (1 pound each)
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash white pepper
- Dash paprika
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Place lobster on its back; insert a sharp knife between body shell and tail segment, cutting down to sever the spinal cord.
- Cut in half lengthwise.
- Remove the stomach, which is just back of the head and the intestinal vein, which runs from the stomach to the tip of the tail.
- Do not discard the green liver and coral roe; they are delicious.
- Crack claws.
- Lay lobsters open as flat as possible on a broiler pan.
- Brush lobster meat with butter.
- Sprinkle with salt, pepper and paprika.
- Broil about 4-inches from source of heat for 12 to 15 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Combine butter and lemon juice; serve with lobsters.