Boiled Spiced Lobster
Boiled spiced lobsters.
- 2 live lobsters (1 pound each)
- 1 cup vinegar
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 3 tablespoons salt
- 1/2 cup mixed pickling spice
- 3 quarts boiling water
- Add vinegar, vegetables, lemon and seasonings to boiling water.
- Cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Plunge lobsters headfirst into boiling seasoned water.
- Cover and return to boiling point.
- Simmer for 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and cool in liquid.
- Drain, split and clean.