Meats and Sausages
Lobster Baked With Mushrooms
Lobster baked with mushrooms.
- 3/4 pound cooked lobster meat
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped green pepper
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 2 tablespoons butter or other fat, melted
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 1/4 cup grated cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter or other fat, melted
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- Cut lobster meat into 1/2-inch pieces.
- Cook onion, green pepper and mushrooms in butter until tender.
- Blend in flour and seasonings.
- Add milk gradually and cook until thick, stirring constantly.
- Add cheese and lobster meat; heat.
- Place in 6 well greased, individual, 5-ounce custard cups.
- Combine butter and crumbs.
- Sprinkle over top of lobster mixture.
- Bake in a hot oven, 400° F, for 10 minutes or until brown.