Tomatoes Stuffed With Crab Meat
Tomatoes stuffed with crab meat
- 1 pound crab meat
- 6 large tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter or other fat, melted
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup grated cheese
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- Remove any shell or cartilage from crab meat.
- Wash tomatoes.
- Remove stem ends and centers; sprinkle tomatoes with salt and pepper.
- Combine butter, parsley, lemon juice and crab meat.
- Place in tomatoes.
- Combine cheese and crumbs; sprinkle over top of tomatoes.
- Place in a well greased baking dish.
- Bake in a moderate oven, 350° F, for 20 to 25 minutes or until tomatoes are tender.