Crab Meat Salad In Aspic
Crab salad in aspic rings is a very elegant dish. The recipe calls for mixing gelatin with tomato juice and then topping with crab meat.
- 1/2 pound crab meat
- 2 tablespoons unflavored gelatin
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1-3/4 cups tomato juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon onion salt
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise or salad dressing
- Salad greens
- Remove any shell or cartilage from crab meat, being careful not to break the meat into small pieces.
- Soften gelatin in cold water for 5 minutes.
- Heat tomato juice to boiling point; add gelatin and stir until dissolved.
- Add seasonings and lemon juice.
- Place in 6 individual, 3-ounce ring molds; chill until firm.
- Combine onion, celery, lemon juice, salt, pepper, mayonnaise and crab meat.
- Unmold aspic rings on salad greens.
- Fill centers with crab salad.