These crab puffs are filled with crab meat and whipped cream, baked and served immediately.
- 1 pound crab meat
- 2 tablespoons butter or other fat
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1 cup milk
- 2 egg yolks, beaten
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 2 egg whites, beaten
- Remove any shell or cartilage from crab meat.
- Melt butter; blend in flour and seasonings.
- Add milk gradually and cook until thick and smooth, stirring constantly.
- Stir a little of the hot sauce into egg yolk; add to remaining sauce, stirring constantly.
- Add paprika and crab meat.
- Whip cream.
- Fold in egg white and whipped cream.
- Place in 6 well greased, individual 10-ounce casseroles.
- Place casseroles in a pan of hot water.
- Bake in a moderate oven, 350° F, for 40 to 45 minutes or until puffs are firm in the center.
- Serve immediately.