Imperial crab recipe follows tradition of Louisiana cooking. Onions, bell pepper, flour and fat for making roux. Very similar to traditional New Orleans gumbo recipe..
- 1 pound crab meat
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped green pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter or other fat, melted
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 hard boiled eggs, chopped
- Remove any shell or cartilage from crab meat, being careful not to break the meat into small pieces.
- Cook onion and green pepper in butter until tender.
- Blend in flour.
- Add milk gradually and cook until thick, stirring constantly.
- Add seasonings, egg and crab meat.
- Place in 6 well greased, individual shells or 5-ounce custard cups.
- Bake in a moderate oven, 350° F, for 20 to 25 minutes or until brown.