Crab canapes is the great edition to any cold buffet. The recipe includes basic ingredients such as crab meat, mayonnaise, cheese, bread crumbs and white bread.
- 1 pound crab meat
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise or salad dressing
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 12 slices white bread
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons dry bread crumbs
- Remove any shell or cartilage from crab meat.
- Combine mayonnaise, seasonings, lemon juice and crab meat.
- Remove crusts and toast bread.
- Spread crab mixture on each slice of toast.
- Combine cheese and crumbs; sprinkle over top of each slice of toast.
- Cut each slice into 6 pieces.
- Place on a broiler pan about 3 inches from source of heat.
- Broil for 2 to 3 minutes or until brown.
Makes approximately 72 canapés.