Meats and Sausages
Scalloped clams baked in oven.
- 1 pint clams
- 2 cups cracker crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1/2 cup butter or other fat, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup clam liquor and milk
- Drain clams and save liquor. Chop.
- Combine crumbs, salt, pepper and butter.
- Sprinkle one-third in a well greased 1-quart casserole; cover with one-half the clams.
- Repeat layers.
- Add Worcestershire sauce to liquor and pour over the casserole.
- Sprinkle remaining crumbs over top.
- Bake in a moderate oven, 350° F, for 30 minutes or until brown.