Baked clam pie with potatoes.
- 2 7-ounce cans minced clams
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup butter or other fat, melted
- 1/4 cup flour
- Dash pepper
- 2 cups clam liquor and water
- 1/2 cup diced cooked carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped cooked celery
- 3 hard boiled eggs, chopped
- 1-1/2 cups seasoned mashed potatoes
- Drain clams and save liquor.
- Cook onion in butter until tender.
- Blend in flour and pepper; add liquor and cook until thick, stirring constantly.
- Add carrots, celery, egg and clams.
- Place in a well greased 1-1/2 quart casserole.
- Cover with potatoes.
- Bake in a hot oven, 425° F, for 20 to 25 minutes or until brown.