Meats and Sausages
Chopped clams, covered in batter and fried in hot oil.
- 1 pint clams
- 1-3/4 cups sifted flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons grated onion
- 1 tablespoon butter or other fat, melted
- Drain clams and chop.
- Sift dry ingredients together.
- Combine egg, milk, onion, butter and clams.
- Pour into dry ingredients and stir until smooth.
- Drop batter by teaspoonfuls into hot fat, 350° F, and fry about 3 minutes or until golden brown.
- Drain on absorbent paper.