Breaded fried clams is the simplest clam recipe there is.
- 1 quart clams
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs or cracker crumbs
- Drain clams.
- Combine egg, milk and seasonings.
- Dip clams in egg mixture and roll in crumbs.
- Place clams in a heavy frying pan which contains about one-eighth inch of fat, hot but not smoking.
- Fry at moderate heat.
- When clams are brown on one side, turn carefully and brown the other side.
- Cooking time approximately 5 to 8 minutes.
- Drain on absorbent paper.
- Serve plain or with a sauce.