Meats and Sausages
New England Clam Chowder
New England clam chowder is a simple clam recipe that call only for the most essential ingredients. This clam recipe is easy to prepare and requires only 15 minutes of cooking time.
- 1 pint clams
- 1/4 cup chopped bacon or salt pork
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup clam liquor and water
- 1 cup diced potatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 2 cups milk
- Drain clams and save liquor. Chop.
- Fry bacon until lightly brown.
- Add onion and cook until tender.
- Add liquor, potatoes, seasonings and clams.
- Cook about 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Add milk; heat.
- Garnish with chopped parsley sprinkled over the top.