- 1 can (6-1/2 or 7 ounces) tuna
- 1/4 cup butter or other fat
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup grated cheese
- 6 egg yolks, beaten
- 6 egg whites, beaten
- Drain tuna. Flake.
- Melt butter; blend in flour and seasonings.
- Add milk gradually and cook until thick and smooth, stirring constantly.
- Add Worcestershire sauce, cheese and tuna; continue heating until cheese melts.
- Stir a little of the hot sauce into egg yolk; add to remaining sauce, stirring constantly.
- Fold into egg white.
- Pour into a well greased, 2-quart casserole.
- Bake in a moderate oven, 350° F, for 45 minutes or until soufflé is firm in the center.