Tuna And Rice
- 2 cans (6-1/2 or 7 ounces each) tuna
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter or other fat, melted
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 3/4 cup grated cheese
- 3 cups cooked rice
- Chopped parsley
- Cheese sauce:
- 2 cups grated cheese
- 1/3 cup milk
- 6 drops Tabasco
- 1/4 teaspoon prepared mustard
- Melt cheese over hot water.
- Add milk gradually, stirring constantly until sauce is smooth.
- Add Tabasco and mustard; blend well.
- Drain tuna.
- Break into large pieces.
- Cook onion in butter until tender.
- Blend in flour.
- Add milk gradually and cook until thick, stirring constantly.
- Add cheese and heat until cheese melts.
- Stir in tuna; heat.
- Serve over rice.
- Top with cheese sauce.
- Garnish with paprika and parsley sprinkled over the top.