New England Tuna Chowder
New England tuna chowder
- 1 can (6-1/2 or 7 ounces) tuna
- 1/4 cup chopped bacon or salt pork
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 cup diced potatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1 quart milk
- Chopped parsley
- Drain tuna.
- Break into large pieces.
- Fry bacon until lightly browned.
- Add onion and cook until tender.
- Add boiling water, potatoes and seasonings.
- Cook for 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Add milk and tuna; heat.
- Garnish with parsley sprinkled over the top.