- 1 can (6-1/2 or 7 ounces) tuna
- 1 cup diced potatoes
- 1 cup tomato juice
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 cup boiling water
- 3 tablespoons butter or other fat
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups milk
- Chopped parsley
- Drain tuna.
- Break into large pieces.
- Combine potatoes, tomato juice, onion, celery seed and boiling water.
- Cook for 15 to 20 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Add tuna.
- Melt butter; blend in flour and seasonings.
- Add milk gradually and cook until thick and smooth, stirring constantly.
- Add to tuna mixture; heat.
- Garnish with parsley sprinkled over the top.