Deviled Tuna Casserole
Deviled tuna casserole.
- 2 cans (6-1/2 or 7 ounces each) tuna
- 1 tablespoon grated onion
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 cup butter or other fat
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup soft bread cubes
- 1/2 cup crushed potato chips
- Drain tuna. Break into large pieces.
- Add onion, lemon juice, parsley and garlic salt.
- Melt butter; blend in flour and seasonings.
- Add milk gradually and cook until thick and smooth, stirring constantly.
- Fold in bread cubes and tuna mixture.
- Place in a well greased, 1-quart casserole.
- Cover with potato chips.
- Bake in a hot oven, 400° F, for 15 to 20 minutes.