Tuna Casserole With Toasted Almond Sauce
- 2 cans (6-1/2 or 7 ounces each) tuna
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen asparagus
- 1/2 cup chopped blanched almonds
- 1/4 cup butter or other fat, melted
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- Dash nutmeg
- 2 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon sherry (optional)
- Drain tuna. Break into large pieces.
- Cook asparagus as directed on package; drain.
- Arrange asparagus in a well greased baking pan, 11 x 7 x 1-1/2 inches.
- Cover with tuna.
- Fry almonds in butter until lightly browned.
- Blend in flour and seasonings.
- Add milk gradually and cook until thick, stirring constantly.
- Add sherry.
- Pour over tuna and asparagus.
- Sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake in a moderate oven, 350° F, for 25 to 30 minutes.