- 1-pound can salmon
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons onion, grated
- 1-1/2 cups coarse cracker crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoons salt
- Dash pepper
- 1/4 cup butter or other fat, melted
- 1-1/3 cups hot liquid (liquid from canned salmon plus milk to make volume)
- Drain and flake salmon, saving liquid.
- Blend lemon juice and onion into salmon.
- Combine cracker crumbs, salt, pepper and butter.
- Sprinkle one-third of this mixture in a well greased casserole; cover with a layer of the salmon mixture.
- Repeat layers ending with crumbs.
- Pour heated liquid over all.
- Bake in a moderate oven, 350° F, for 30 minutes or until brown.
- Serve plain or with a sauce.