- 1-pound can salmon
- 3 cups fine bread cubes
- 1-1/2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1-1/4 teaspoons salt
- Dash cayenne
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 2 tablespoons onion, grated
- 3 tablespoons butter or other fat, melted
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 3/4 cup liquid (liquid from canned salmon plus milk to make volume)
- Drain and flake salmon, saving liquid.
- Combine all ingredients except eggs and liquid.
- Mix well and place in a well greased loaf pan.
- Combine the beaten eggs and liquid.
- Pour over the salmon mixture in the loaf pan.
- Bake in a moderate oven, 350° F, for 45 minutes or until loaf is firm in the center.
- Unmold on a hot platter and serve plain or with a sauce.