- 2 pounds salmon steaks or fillets
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1/2 cup butter or other fat, melted
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/2 lemon
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme, powdered
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano, crushed
- 2 teaspoons salt
- Dash pepper
- 3 cups can tomatoes
- 3 cups cooked rice
- Cut salmon into serving size pieces.
- Using a small Dutch oven or deep frying pan with lid, cook onion and celery in the fat until tender.
- Add all ingredients except fish and rice and simmer for a half hour.
- Remove lemon, garlic and bay leaf.
- Arrange fish in the sauce and simmer without stirring for a half hour.
- Serve over cooked rice.