Salmon Cream Soup
Salmon cream soup
- 1-1/2 pounds salmon steaks or fillets
- 2 cups hot water
- 1 slice onion
- 1 stalk celery
- 1 sprig parsley
- 1-inch piece green pepper
- 1 quart milk
- 5 tablespoons butter or other fat
- 5 tablespoons flour
- 2-1/2 teaspoons salt
- Dash pepper
- Chopped parsley
- Remove skin and bones from salmon and grind twice.
- Stir into hot water and simmer gently for 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add onion, celery, parsley and green pepper to milk.
- Scald and strain.
- Melt butter; blend in flour, salt and pepper.
- Add scalded milk and cook until thick and smooth, stirring constantly.
- Add the salmon mixture.
- Heat and serve immediately with chopped parsley sprinkled over the top.