Meats and Sausages
Salmon Casserole Surprise
Salmon casserole surprise
- 1-pound can salmon
- 3 tablespoons butter or other fat
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups liquid (liquid from canned salmon plus milk to make volume)
- 1 quart cooked potatoes, sliced
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise or salad dressing
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Drain and flake salmon, saving liquid.
- Melt butter and blend in flour.
- Add liquid gradually and cook until thick and smooth, stirring constantly.
- Arrange potatoes, salmon and sauce in alternate layers in a well greased casserole.
- Combine remaining ingredients and spread over the top of the fish mixture.
- Bake in a moderate oven, 375° F, for 30 minutes.